Join our program
Our new POODMARE-BA program aims to provide a career pathway for mob in the community services field.
Have you got real life experience? Are you looking for a career change? Want to make a difference for mob?
We want you!
You don’t need formal experience or qualifications. You just need passion to make a difference for our people and motivation to learn. Whether you have experience working in a different industry, want to work after raising little ones or are starting a new chapter in your journey, ATSICHS Brisbane wants to hear from you!
About the program
In the POODMARE-BA Program you’ll be working in one of our Community Services teams helping to support children, young people and families. The program includes:
- Permanent full-time or part-time employment.
- Support and mentoring every step of the way.
- On-the-job training.
- Formal qualification on completion of the program (Cert IV or Diploma level).
- Range of programs to choose from: Family Wellbeing Service, Youth Service, Family Participation Program or Housing.
POODMARE-BA (pronounced pood-mair-ba the ‘’oo” as in wood) translates as “to lift up” place; place where one goes to new levels of learning, growth and work experiences, and skills are enhanced professionally, economically, personally and social-culturally.
Who can apply
We will be offering employment to community who would like to change industries or enter/re-enter the workforce.
We want people who:
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- Are aged 18 years to mature age.
- Have real life experience and transferrable skills.
- Are passionate about making a difference with our people.
- Are interested in moving to a role in the community services sector.
- Can easily connect and yarn with mob.
- Are motivated to get in there and go above and beyond to support our most vulnerable.
- Are ready to learn and try new ways of thinking and doing.
To express your interest in our POODMARE-BA program, please submit the Expression of Interest form, call (07) 3240 8900 for a yarn OR send us an email.
To view other job opportunities at ATSICHS Brisbane, visit Join Our Team.