Privacy & Rights
Your privacy is important to us
We use your information to:
- provide you with the right services
- provide de-identified reports to our funding bodies.
Times where this may not apply:
- if the law requires it, e.g. we receive a lawful request for information
- we are concerned for your safety or the safety of someone else (this includes the safety of children).
You can ask to access or amend the information we hold about you. To find out more, speak to our staff or read our privacy resources.
Managing your personal health information
Management of your personal health information is treated with the strictest confidence. It is the policy of all our services to maintain security of personal health information at all times and to ensure that this information is only available to authorized members of staff. Confidentiality agreements are in place for all members of staff including visiting personnel to our services.
Our privacy statement
We collect information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We require you to provide us with your personal details and full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs. These records are the property of our clinics.
Obtaining your records
Your medical record is the property of our clinics. We want to ensure that you can continue to get properly looked after if you move to another doctor so we will do our best to transfer your records quickly once we have your written consent to do so.
To obtain a copy of your medical records, you need to complete and sign a “transfer of records” form. If you require your records from your doctor or wish to discuss these records this can also be actioned.
ATSICHS Brisbane is guided by Queensland legislation and while working with us you will:
- receive a culturally safe and quality service
- receive privacy of your information
- be treated with dignity and respect
- be able to give feedback or make a complaint
- have an advocate or someone to speak on your behalf
- make decisions about your service.
While working with ATSICHS Brisbane you will:
- work toward your goals
- treat yourself and others with respect
- provide staff with a safe working environment, e.g. keeping pets restrained.
Cyberbullying is the ongoing and deliberate misuse of power in relationships through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that intends to cause physical, social and/or psychological harm, via the use of technology such as mobile phones or the internet.
ATSICHS Brisbane is committed to providing a workplace free of bullying of any kind, including cyberbullying. We do not tolerate bullying within our organisation and promote an anti-bullying stance with all our clients.
If you feel you or your child is being cyberbullied, you can find more information on what you can do and who you can report it to via the links below. You can also reach out to ATSICHS Brisbane and we will help provide support where possible.