National Disability Insurance Scheme
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is here and it places greater choice and control for people with disability.
We have all the information to help you understand what it is and how we can help.
If you would like to access the NDIS please make an appointment with one of our GPs.
Click here for information about our medical clinics.
If you, or someone you care for, has an approved NDIS plan ATSICHS Brisbane can help you every step of the way.
Our Support Workers can assist with:
- setting goals to become more independent
- life skills training and development
- housing and financial responsibilities
- travel and transport skills
- recreational and social activities
- improving health and wellbeing
- a helping hand when needed the most.
Our Access Coordinators can assist with:
- understanding your eligibility
- coordinating with applicable health professionals for the completion of ‘Access Request Form’
- gathering supportive evidence for your application
- lodging your ‘Access Request’ application
- coordinating appeal processes.
Our Support Co-ordinators can help:
- manage your supports and providers
- you understand your service agreement
- prepare your plan review
- arrange assessments
- resolve any issues with your supports or plan.
Frequently asked questions
– be under 65 years of age
– be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia
– have an impairment or condition (referred to as a disability by the NDIS) which is permanent, or likely to be permanent and which signiﬁcantly restricts your ability to do everyday activities without help.
– help with personal care (e.g., support with showering, dressing etc.)
– help with preparing meals and maintaining your home
– Assistance with transport so you can participate in community, social, economic and daily life activities (e.g., going shopping, visiting friends, getting to work, seeing your doctor etc.)
– help to get or keep a job
– therapy support (e.g., occupational therapy, psychology, speech language therapy etc.)
– the purchase of specialist aids and equipment to maximise your independence (e.g., wheelchairs, hoists, specialist communication devices etc.)
– home and vehicle modiﬁcations (e.g., ramps, a bath hoist or a swivel seat etc.).
– Indigenous language interpreter – 2M Language Services
– TIS home page
– TIS different languages page
– AUSLAN home page.
NDIS Registration successfully achieved 18 September 2020.