National Disability Insurance Scheme
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is here and it places greater choice and control for people with disability.
We have all the information to help you understand what it is and also how we can help.
If you would like to access the NDIS please make an appointment with one of our GPs.
Click here for information about our medical clinics.
If you, or someone you care for, has an approved NDIS plan ATSICHS Brisbane can help you every step of the way.
Support Workers can assist with:
- setting goals to become more independent
- life skills training and also development
- housing and also financial responsibilities
- travel and also transport skills
- recreational and also social activities
- improving health and also wellbeing
- a helping hand when needed the most.
Access Coordinators can assist with:
- understanding your eligibility
- coordinating with applicable health professionals for the completion of ‘Access Request Form’
- gathering supportive evidence for your application
- lodging your ‘Access Request’ application
- coordinating appeal processes.
Support Co-ordinators can help:
- manage your supports and also providers
- you understand your service agreement
- prepare your plan review
- arrange assessments
- resolve any issues with your supports or plan.
Frequently asked questions
– be under 65 years of age
– be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia
– also have an impairment or condition (referred to as a disability by the NDIS) which is permanent, or likely to be permanent and which signiﬁcantly restricts your ability to do everyday activities without help.
– assistance with personal care (e.g., support with showering, dressing etc.)
– help with preparing meals and also maintaining your home
– assistance with transport so you can participate in community, social, economic and also daily life activities (e.g., going shopping, visiting friends, getting to work, seeing your doctor etc.)
– help to get or keep a job
– therapy support (e.g., occupational therapy, psychology, speech language therapy etc.)
– the purchase of specialist aids and also equipment to maximise your independence (e.g., wheelchairs, hoists, specialist communication devices etc.)
– home and vehicle modiﬁcations (e.g., ramps, a bath hoist or a swivel seat etc.).
– Indigenous language interpreter – 2M Language Services
– TIS home page
– TIS different languages page
– AUSLAN home page.
NDIS Registration successfully achieved 18 September 2020.
Provider Registration Number: 4050009726
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health Service (ATSICHS) Brisbane Limited
ACN 009 943 435
55 Annerley Road Woolloongabba 4102
P: 3240 8900