Logan Youth Justice Family Led Decision-Making
Logan City Centre
Shop 75B, Cnr Kingston & Wembley Rds
Logan Central QLD 4114
Youth Justice Family Led Decision Making (YJFLDM) supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people and their families to voice and lead the decision-making that influences their lives.
Whilst FLDM is not a new process to ATSICHS Brisbane, it is new in Queensland. Our service is just one of many initiatives that the Queensland government has committed to ensuring a better response to youth justice matters.
YJ FLDM service supports our mob and their families to voice and lead the decision making that influences their youth justice outcomes.
The team work with young people that:
- have been cautioned by police
- are attending diversionary restorative processes
- have early signs of offending behaviours or have siblings of known offenders
- are living in custody or transitioning from custody.
YJ FLDM uses a strengths-based approach and restorative practice to support young people and their families in:
- identifying barriers to pro-social behaviour
- exploring meaningful ways of addressing these barriers
- strengthening their family attachments
- engaging with relevant supports that may be informal and/or formal.
- Preferably, but not limited to, 10-14 yrs of age
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Engaged with justice system or are a sibling of a young person who is OR At risk of entering the youth justice system, e.g. Cautioned by police etc.